- The work “Reducing Resupply Time with Additive Manufacturing in Spare Part Supply Chain” by Alessandro Cestana, Erica Pastore, Arianna Alfieri and Andrea Matta presented at the 9th IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control (MIM 2019), that took place in Berlin (Germany) on August 28-30, 2019, was one of the 21 recipients of the Commended Paper Award.
- The work “Multi-sensor data fusion for the characterisation of laser cladded cermet coatings” by Giacomo Maculotti, Nicola Senin, Olusola Oyelola, Maurizio Galetto, Adam Clare and Richard Leach, presented at the 19th International Conference of the European society for precision engineering and nanotechnology (EUSPEN 2019), that took place in Bilbao (Spain) on June 3-7, 2019, was awarded with an Oral session Keynote presentation (the speaker was Giacomo Maculotti) and allowed Giacomo Maculotti to be awarded with the Heidenhain Scholarship Award 2019.
- The “Make your toothbrush real!” project by Paolo Minetola obtained the third place in the "Make it Real" challenge promoted by the Stratasys company in collaboration with the GrabCAD platform (February 2019). The competition required to design and present a product that could be reproduced with high realism and fidelity using a Stratasys J750 industrial 3D printer. The challenge required to exploit the potential of the Stratasys J750 system by combining several materials with variable shore values, textures, transparency, and/or full-vivid colors to enable realism in a single print. The project was selected from over two hundred projects by a jury made up of four experts with the following motivation “his model exploits the ability of the J750 system to make some parts rigid, while others are soft and flexible”.
- Federico Della Croce has been keynote speaker at the 8th International Conference on Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2019), that took place in Prague (Czech Republic) on February 19-21, 2019.
- Federico Della Croce has been plenary speaker at the International Symposium on Scheduling 2019 (ISS2019), that took place in Matsue (Japan) on July 5-7, 2019.